5 Simple & Affordable
No one wants to see their home turned into a Money Pit, and yet without a certain amount of upkeep, things can quickly go south and ultimately make home improvement more complicated and costlier.
So if you’ve been wondering what you can do to spruce things up without breaking the bank, try implementing one or more of these trending and affordable projects
- Show a little shelving. If your kitchen cabinets are looking a little shabby, try going door-less. That’s right, simply remove the door and either clean, paint, or re-stain the edges and panels still showing. Of course, that might also require a little straightening up of what’s inside, but it will be well worth the small added effort.
- My smock, please. Yes, nothing says “fresh” and “clean” like a new coat of paint. Especially if scuff marks and other wall damage is past the point of cleaning.
- Shed some light on it. Finding your kitchen to be a little drab and dreary? There are a number of ways to provide more light while adding a touch of elegance. Under-cabinet lighting, for example, is relatively easy to install and will make all your dinner prep and clean-up that much easier. Or, try adding a few recessed lights or even track lighting in your kitchen and elsewhere.
- Get a handle on things. Simply replace a kitchen or bathroom faucet and, before you know it, friends will be asking how much you spent to remodel the entire room. Faucets are focal points unto themselves, and today, you have more options, styles, and finishes to choose from than ever.
- Anyone seen my shoes? Has one or more of your closets turned into a home for lost and forgotten items? First, the hard part. Pick one closet at a time, completely clean it out, and get rid of anything whose time has passed. Next, get yourself one or more closet organizers so you’ll have fewer things cluttering the floor and more stuff within your ready grasp.
If your home remodeling plans include a kitchen or bath upgrade, you can count on Plumbtastic for timely and professional plumbing assistance, along with creative ideas on how to add just the right mix of luxury and added convenience into the mix. A second sink for that new kitchen island? A wall- or ceiling-mounted rainfall shower in your shower stall or tub and shower enclosure? Both very doable, and there are a lot more ideas where they came from.