Creative Ways to Update Your Bathroom.
It’s amazing what a few simple updates can do to completely transform the look of your bathroom and breathe new life into it. You’ll like what you see below, whether you’re doing those for your own benefit or to increase your home’s resale value.
- Color – Sounds simple enough, but a fresh coat of paint can do wonders to change the mood of your “powder room.” But don’t just stop at the walls. Has that vanity seen better days? A good sanding, some primer, paint, and a little elbow grease can make it shine like new again.
- Update the fixtures – Classic or contemporary, traditional or sleek and modern, bathroom fixtures come in numerous styles, colors, and finishes to match any design scheme or budget. Also, consider installing a low-flow shower head and faucet to conserve water and shave a few dollars on your utility bills.
- Brighten up the grout – Nothing makes bathroom floors or tile surrounds look old and dingy like dirty grout. If a good scrubbing doesn’t do the trick, you might want to invest in having your tile re-grouted. While this requires a bit of an investment, it’s definitely less costly than tile replacement.
- Rethink storage – There’s more to storage than your trusty cabinet or over-the-toilet shelf. Secure one side of a small wooden ladder – freshly cleaned and painted – to the wall for a rustic towel rack. If your bathroom cabinet has open shelving, forgo the standard wicker baskets and use small galvanized pails to store wash cloths, extra toiletries, toilet paper and other essentials.
- Get decorative – Finish off your project by adding in decorative accents like wall art, candles, or vintage jars for creative cotton ball or Q-tip holders. Or, make a bold statement with your own home-made shower curtain.
Just keep in mind that if you are making these updates to prepare your home for sale, it’s best to keep things simple and clean. While you might love fire engine red walls surrounding your commode, most potential buyers probably won’t. By contrast, soft, soothing hues help them picture their belongings in your home.
For more ambitious bathroom or kitchen upgrades where plumbing is required, contact Plumbtastic today. We’ll help you achieve a fantastic end result with your 100% satisfaction guaranteed.